Burroughs Class of 1965
Sherman E. Burroughs High School
Ridgecrest, California U.S.A
Click here to view the photos from the Saturday night dinner-dance. Scroll to the bottom of this page to read reviews by those who attended.
2. Rob Olsen and Karen Bjorklund Locklin getting ready for check-in.
1. Location for event. A nice patio with fire pit.
3. Rob Olsen, Carolyn Baldwin Martinez, Diane Saurey Lee, Fred Toombs.
4. Rob Olsen, Carolyn Baldwin Martinez, Diane Saurey Lee, Fred Toombs with wife Pauline Toombs; in background Paulette Bauer Falco.
5. Crowd checking in.
6. Crowd checking in.
7. Karen Bjorklund Locklin, Paulette Bauer Falco.
8. Diane “Dee” Warner Pierce Redding, Cheri Etheredge Rockwell Davenport ’66, Diane Saurey Lee in background.
9. Checking in. Rose Marie DeLeon in the black hat.
10. Linda (wife of) and Jimmy Carr, Kathy Clark Kelso, Karen Bjorklund Locklin.
11. Karen Bjorklund, Joey Hibbs with wife Joy; in background Rex Randolph.
12. Rita Mussler Fant and husband Glen Fant.
13. Jim Heflin. Right corner, Tom Clow.
14. Jeanea Moore, Donna Willis Andreas ’66 and husband Keith Andreas.
15. Bill Locklin (back), Jim Heflin, Tom Clow, Karen Bjorklund Locklin.
16. Jack Pierce and Randy Kline.
17. Map of Ridgecrest.
18. Map of China Lake in the 1950's - 1960's.
20. Rita Mussler Fant with husband Glen Fant, Karen Bjorklund Locklin.
21. Seated: Cheryl Whitnack (wife of Gary Whitnack), Liz Henderson (wife of Allan Henderson), Sharon Eileen Brunson; standing Gary Whitnack and Carolyn Turner Fleming.
22. Jack Pierce and Bill Casaroli.
23. Back of Lorraine Randolph (wife of Roy Randolph), Rex Randolph, facing is Lori Hixson (wife of Jerry Hixson), Roy Randolph, Joy and Joey Hibbs.
24. Much the same as 23, previous photo.
25. Crowd at the Friday night welcome happy hour.
26. Roger Walters (husband of Rose Marie DeLeon), Caren Griffen Diebold and husband Jim Diebold, backs of Bonnie Dorey Manda and husband Ed Manda.
27. Around the table; Karen Day Manatt, Pauline Toombs, Diane Saurey Lee, standing with hat Rose Marie DeLeon Walters, Donna Willis Andreas ’66, Cheri Etheredge Rockwell Davenport ’66, Paulette Bauer Falco, back of Jeanette Jones Miller.
28. Back of Pauline Toombs (Fred) , Diane Saurey Lee, Kathy Clark Kelso, Donna Willis Andreas ’66, Cheri Etheredge Rockwell Davenport ’66, standing Jeanea Moore and Diane “Dee” Warner Pierce Redding.
29. Back of Jimmy Carr with wife Linda Carr, Linda Hillebrand Chermside, Rhonda Ford Arnold daughter of Marie Cote Ford.
30. Lorraine Randolph (Roy), Jerry and Lori Hixson, Roy Randolph, Joy and Joey Hibbs, back of Richard Nichols.
31. Same as 30, previous photo.
32. Cheryl Whitnack (wife of Gary Whitnack) and Liz and Allen Henderson, Sharon Eileen Brunson.
33. Marie Cote Ford with daughter Rhonda Ford Arnold ‘82, and Dean Hill.
34. Roger Martin and Karen Bjorklund Locklin with Rita Mussler Fant.
35. Rita Mussler & Glen Fant and back of Donna Brunton Smith.
36. Karen Bjorklund Locklin and Florence Wilson Moran.
37. Bill and Karen Bjorklund Locklin with their son Kevin Locklin.
38. Rita Mussler Fant and Donna Brunton Smith.
39. Pauline Toombs and Diane Saurey Lee.
40. Julie Nelson Rich, Rita Mussler Fant and husband Glen Fant.
41. Louis and Melody Mallory Solton, and Matt Jaffe.
42. Roy Schults ’66 and wife Dale Manolakas with Jon Oshel.
43. Left: Marlene Williamson and Mike Rambo. Right: Richard Nichols and Rex Randolph.
44. Joanie Fisher Belo and Karen Bjorklund Locklin.
45. The guys look toward bill Cassaroli.
46. Richard Nichols, Roy Randolph, Gene Saint-Amand, Rex Randolph, Bill Casaroli.
47. Florence Wilson Moran with husband Bob Moran and Bill Casaroli.
48. Karen Bjorklund Locklin, Lorna and Frank McElfish.
49. Rob Olsen, Tom Allan, Fred Toombs, Tom Clow, Jim Heflin.
50. Jack Pierce and Bill Casaroli.
51. Rob Olsen, Gary Whitnack, Donna Brunton Smith.
52. Donna Brunton Smith and Melody Mallory Solton.
53. Roy Randolph, Joy and Joey Hibbs, Richard Nichols, back of Lorraine Randolph (Mrs. Roy) and Rex Randolph (top of his head).
54. Roy Randolph, Joy and Joey Hibbs, Richard Nichols, Lorraine Randolph and Rex Randolph, Jerry Hixson in the hat.
55. Roy Randolph (facing away), Richard Nichols, Lorraine Randolph (Mrs. Roy), Roy Randolph, Jerry and Lori Hixson.
56. Joe Hibbs, Lorraine Randolph (Mrs. Roy), Rex Randolph, Jerry and Lori Hixson, Roy Randolph, Joy Hibbs.
57. Kathy Clark Kelso, Donna Willis Andreas ’66, Jeanea Moore, Cindy Baker Madsen.
58. Frank McElfish, Rob Olsen, Marlene Williamson.
59. Rose Marie DeLeon Walters and husband Roger Walters with Linda Hillebrand Chermside.
60. Front: Tom Clow and Dale Manolakas Schults, wife of Roy Schults ‘66. In back: Roy Schults and Bill Cassaroli.
61. Jim and Caren Griffin Diebold.
62. Gary and Cheryl Whitnack.
63. Melody Mallory Solton and husband Louis Solton with Matt Jaffe and Karen Day Manatt.
64. Bill Casaroli, Joey and Joy Hibbs, standing Jack Pierce.
65. Jimmy Carr and Jack Pierce.
66. Lorraine Randolph (Roy's wife) and Gene Saint Amand.
67. Twins: Rob and Rick Olsen with Rex and Roy Randolph.
68. Rob Olsen, Rick Olsen, Richard Nichols, Roy Randolph, Gene Saint Amand, Joey Hibbs, Rex Randolph, and Bill Cassaroli.
69. Lorna and Frank McElfish, Marlene Williamson and Mike Rambo; background Kathy Clark Kelso and Donna Willis Andreas ‘66.
70. Lorna McElfish, Rick Olsen, Frank McElfish, Marlene Williamson.
70 - 70
BHS '65 Reunion HQ
Temecula Creek Inn
44501 Rainbow Canyon Rd.
Temecula, CA 92593
11/11/2015 "BHS Class of 1965 Thanking Our Veterans"
9/21/2015 "Hotel Info Class of 1965 Burroughs 50th Reunion"
9/1/2015 "Class of 1965 Burroughs 50th Reunion"
Kären, Charlotte and Karen, Thanks again for organizing and promoting the reunion. I had a great time and so did everyone else. Temecula is a beautiful setting, the Inn was comfortable, the meals excellent, and most of all the atmosphere was relaxed and conducive to both group and more private socializing. Everyone commented on how great the website was. Thank you for putting your heads and hearts together to make this such a memorable event. Once consequence of the weekend is that many of us have reconnected and will continue to keep in touch with each other. A job well done!!!
Love, Gene (Saint-Amand)
Thanks for the reunion
Dear Kären and Charlotte—
Thanks for your magnificent efforts on the reunion. I really enjoyed it all; hope you all did, too.
All the very best.
Hi Kären, Karen, and Charlotte,
Thank you SO much!! It was fabulous! (I'm sad, though, that my darn cold forced me to leave a little early last night and to skip this morning--my throat finally said "enough".)
All your planning and hard work made it a very nice evening. Really wonderful to see everyone! Isn't it amazing that the years melt away when you're talking? The venue/food/decorations were great, the turn-out was amazing, the program was fun, and the website and e-book are incredible.
Thank you so much for all you did to create such special memories for all of us.
So... reunion at 55 years?? :)
Hope we stay in touch. Thank you again for everything!
–Fran (Riggs) Fenical
I want to add my thanks and kudos! Everything was wonderful – so well organized, classy and so much fun! We know it took a ton of planning and you must need a vacation now that it is over!!
Having the website and e-book will help us all keep in touch and they are fabulous!
It is amazing how much we have all changed…..yet stayed the same in all of the essential ways.
I have to admit that while I was looking forward to the event – it far exceeded my expectations. And, it would not have happened without your leadership, determination and hard work.
You know you are not off the hook – right? #55 is just around the corner ;}
With a smile on my face,
–Julie (Nelson) Rich
A big thank you for all your work on the class of 1965 reunion. It was superb, if Dale and I are judges of such things at all.
She liked it far more than her own 50-year reunion last year, for sure. And we felt welcome and appropriately there, thanks to your initial kindness, and your invitation to your table Saturday night, which was mercifully away from the sound system! – Kudos to you, Karen, and everyone else on the reunion committee. You guys hit a home run there. Burros and Burroughs forever!
–Roy Shults ('66), for Dale and me both
Thanks for the Great Reunion
Dear Kären, Charlotte and Karen:
I have been trying to compose an elegant thank you for the wonderful job you did in putting on our reunion for three weeks now, but I seem to be paralyzed with some kind of overload of great memories. Memories of the reunion and I guess my entire childhood. I was blessed to grow up in a pleasant place and I was blessed to grow up and go to school (K through 12!) with friendly, considerate, caring people. Thank you so much for providing such a great way to enjoy those memories and make more that are really heart warming. All the best. Roy (Randolph)
Text from Joan Fisher
… I don’t know if you fully realize what you have done for Burroughs H.S. ‘65’ers! A lot of life enrichment going on..! God’s hand on you to guide this! We were ALL blessed by it!